“FOOT IN THE DOOR” ENSURES SPORTS CAREER TRANSITION TO PROFESSIONAL CAREER
Developed in partnership with the National Institute of Sport of Quebec, the “Foot in the door” program aims to equip the targeted athletes in preparation for their retirement from competition world.
As part of “Foot in the door”, Montréal Relève makes it possible to organize 35-hour internships to enable participants to confirm their career choices and help them develop a professional network linked to their future careers.
Through “Foot in the door”, Montréal Relève works to keep talented young adults in Montréal area by showing them what the city has to offer.
Since July 2016, the”Foot in the door” program has been part of the Pan-Canadian Global Wellness game plan for athletes.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR INTEREST IN WELCOMING A PARTICIPANT IN YOUR ORGANIZATION or contact Louise Legault, project and development manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
PROVIDING A CONCRETE PROFESSIONAL IMMERSION EXPERIENCE IN YOUR ORGANIZATION IS:
- Welcoming a volunteer intern, selected and matched according to his / her career interests
- Promoting your organization and its mission
- Federating your team around a common project
- Sharing your passion for your profession
- Creating a representative business plan of your profession
- Meeting an adult in postsecondary education process
- Getting involved in a meaningful way with the next generation and the community
- Participating in the talent retention effort in Montreal
- Participating in a Pan-Canadian Athlete Wellness Project
BEING A MENTOR OF AN ATHLETE, IT’S:
- Allowing a smooth transition to a future career
- Getting an adult ready from his/her sports life retirement
- Helping him/her to translate his/her sports skills into professional qualities (eg rigor, determination, etc.)
- Helping him/her develop a professional network
- Discussing stimulating future prospects